All of us know the deal with skiing in the northeastern US; it ain’t always a walk in the daisies.
Opportunistic timing is the name of the game around here – you have to get it while the getting’s good because for every day with great conditions and the occasional powder day, there’ll be others where we’re fighting ice, rock-hard boilerplate, rain, and god knows what else to pursue our passion.
- White Mountains, NH: Wandering Skis
- Bearpen Mtn, NY: The Original Beast of the East
- Burke Mountain, VT: Pride of the NEK
- Belleayre Mountain, NY: Low-Key in the Catskills
- Elk Mountain, PA: Best in the Keystone State?
- Bobcat Ski Center, NY: Time Stands Still
But we gut it out because a) the northeast is our home, b) those tough days make us appreciate the good ones even more, and c) there’s a lot of great skiing to be had throughout the New York and New England region. In addition to the larger, more mainstream ski areas, there are many smaller, off-the-beaten path hills with more ambiance and great tree skiing than you can shake a stick at.
We’ll be adding a number of new Eastern magazine articles in the coming months, so stayed tuned!